More and more women are discovering that they have to express their milk during their work day or at home in order to meet the needs of their baby. However, this can be difficult to do when you have to hold the breast pump in place for hours. Luckily, there are hands-free breast pumps on the market now that can make your life easier.
What is a hands-free breast pump?
For breastfeeding mothers who want to be able to express their milk freely, there are portable or hands-free breast pumps. These wireless devices are lightweight and easy to carry, making them ideal for moms with busy schedules. They are also very discreet, allowing women to express milk without feeling embarrassed while continuing their activities.
The importance of portable breast pump for breastfeeding mothers
Many women know the inconvenience of using a traditional electric breast pump:
- The fact of having maintain suction cups in place while pumping can be uncomfortable and tiring
- Ithey can be quite noisy, which can be inconvenient if you're trying to rest or work.
- With the bottle screwed to the breast pump, they can be bulky, which can make it difficult to move around.
A hands-free breast pump is an ideal solution for busy mums who want to express their milk without constraint.
It is important to be able to take your breast pump everywhere with you, especially when breastfeeding your baby. Indeed, the portable electric breast pump allows pumping breast milk at any time with your hands free. This can be very practical when you have to take care of your children, prepare food, move around or when you don't have access to an electrical outlet.
In addition, the portable breast pump is more discreet than other types of breast pump and therefore allows you to express milk freely.
The advantages of the hands-free breast pump
Breastfeeding women often need a portable breast pump so they can express milk anywhere and anytime. A hands-free breast pump is a great tool for these women because it allows them to move around freely while expressing their milk. In addition, a hands-free breast pump is easy to use and can be taken anywhere, even to work, making it a handy tool for breastfeeding mothers.
As a reminder, French law authorizes an employee to be absent from work in order to be able to breastfeed or express milk for 1 hour a day. Article L1225-30: "For one year from the day of birth, the employee breastfeeding her child has one hour a day for this purpose during working hours."
How to choose the best wireless breast pump?
A breast pump is an electrical device that allows breastfeeding women to express their milk and store it for later use. There are many models of breast pumps, but wireless breast pumps are becoming more and more popular because they are practical, light and easy to carry. A portable breast pump is a great way to continue breastfeeding while being free to use your hands and time for other activities.
First, determine the type of breast pump you need:
- The manual breast pumps are perfect for women who don't need to pump a lot or don't move often. These models are generally less expensive than electric models, but they can be less efficient and require more effort to express milk.
- The electric breast pumps are adapted to the needs of women who have to express their milk regularly or who move frequently. These electric breast pumps are usually more expensive, but they pump milk faster and more efficiently. On the other hand, it is generally quite noisy and necessarily requires a power outlet nearby.
- The hands free breast pumps combines the best of the two previous models with a big additional advantage since they allow women to continue to express their milk without any constraint even when they are busy. You can move freely and do other things at the same time.
Once you've determined the type of breast pump you need, compare the different models available. Additionally, some portable electric models come with additional features such as intensity settings or timers, which can be useful if you need precise control over how much milk you want to pump.
Why express milk?
Pumping helps store breast milk for when you can't be there to feed your baby. This can be handy if you need to be away for an appointment, a meeting, or just to take a break. It can also help relieve the stress and pain associated with breastfeeding.
What are the benefits of breast milk?
Breast milk is the best food for baby meal. It contains all the nutrients your baby needs to develop and grow. Breast milk can also help prevent certain illnesses, such as allergies, asthma and diabetes.